Skip to main content

A change-gas

The danger of reading Randall Hyde’s book, The Art of Assembly is that it contains addictive substances. Yesterday, I have decided to



joset@kee $ su -c "emerge -C nasm"

After cleaning up, a tune-up followed



.data

msg:
.ascii "A small step for me is a big leap for... me!\n"
len = . - msg

.text

.global _start

_start:

# write string to stdout

movl $len, %edx
movl $msg, %ecx
movl $1, %ebx
movl $4, %eax
int $0x80

# exit

movl $0, %ebx
movl $1, %eax
int $0x80

Now I have finally made a change-gas. Expecting a lot of maintenance work to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Android Studio:Unknown Host Error

After installing Android Studio, I got the following error: Unknown host 'services.gradle.org'. Please ensure the host name is correct. If you are behind an HTTP proxy, please configure the proxy settings either in Android Studio or Gradle. Consult IDE log for more details (Help | Show Log) Solution File --> Settings --> HTTP Proxy --> Auto-detect proxy settings

Architecture Complexity

Here are the items to consider: Coding to an interface Service Oriented Architecture Automated Testing Domain Driven Design Custom Data Access Layer Layered architecture Complexity is relatively equal the number of lines of code. Note that complexity is not bad. It must be justified.

Moving on

So I bought my self a 2.5″ hard drive enclosure for about 750 bucks. I wish I have my own tools for constructing a device as such. Instead of going for a 2GB USB flash drive, I chose to salvage the 30GB hard drive of an incapacitated laptop. Cool isn’t it? Though relatively slower than a typical USB flash drive, the storage capacity outweighs it. [To God] Thanks for being there always.