Sunday, November 20, 2005

What lies inside

There are things in life that are inevitable and I am powerless to control them. The sun will rise and set, the tide will come in and go out, the seasons will change, friends walk in and out, and the caterpillar will soon turn into a beautiful butterfly. Somehow, I feel reassured by this because many other things in life are so transient - so momentary.


I can’t imagine life without knowing you. For without you, my life would be empty of all inspiration. There will be no work of art for me to gaze at; no person of greatness before me; no timeless melody to listen to. My life will exist in shades of gray instead of vibrant colors, and I will be less than whole.


The proper words have escaped me, and my innermost feelings have been locked away in the depths of my heart. I wish I could say these to you in person while gazing into your eyes. I cherish any thought of you, prize any memory of you that rises from the depths of my mind, and live for the day when our eyes meet.

No comments: