Thursday, October 05, 2006

RX Band Breakout

RX Band Breakout will be on October 9, 2006. It is going to be a tough competition though. Most competing bands are extremely good! So acting like a duck on stage would surely drive you down. We want to burn on stage and fire them up with our solos.


Sad thing is that, I do not have enough time for practice so I searched for bass solo stuffs. I found a lot of cool Brazilian scales incorporated in a bass solo and all that. Which also lead me to rank bassists who happened to be my influences. I wish could play well like them. Here’s my ranking.


1) Victor Wooten - Versatile
2) Bill Dickens - Versatile
3) John Myung (Dream Theatre) - Progressive Rock
4) Romel (Barbie’s Cradle, Freestyle) - Progressive Folk
5) - name - (P.O.T.) - Funk Rock
6) Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - Funk Rock
7) Nathan (Rivermaya, Kapatid, Bamboo) - Rock
8) - name - (Wolfgang) - Rock
9) - name - (Razorback) - Rock
10) Stuart Ham - Jazz


For as long as we’ll be able to burn the stage, it doesn’t really matter whether we’ll bring home the trophy or not.


By the way, thanks to Kamikazee and APO Hiking Society! We’ll be playing one of your songs, Doobidoo. I’m really excited about this!


I hope the weather as well as the power lines would cooperate on that day.


Cheers.

No comments: