Sunday, July 09, 2006

Outdoorsman recall

I can still remember way back then, I was five years old when I had my primary hobbies, hunting, fishing, and shooting-range. Today, we went to Sinubung, a semi-dangerous place located in the far west coast of Zamboanga City and is known for its shore having huge waves and numerous sea urchins. We have gone fishing. It was fun riding my grandfather’s motor-operated vinta again though I am deeply saddened with what had happened today. The last time I set foot on that vinta was 15 years ago. I can still remember my grandfather pulling the nylon with a huge squid hooked up. Of course, the squid fired up a black tint. Because of that black tint, and the times when I threw up while riding the vinta, I have something now which I call memories worth remembering.


Awhile ago, we did the same but no squid and from what I have observed fishes are already scarce! We spent almost three hours, changing position from time to time on the sea. I was the one throwing and pulling the anchor everytime we shift locations but damn no fishes!


A very nice experience. The prize for the experience? Well, a swollen left foot, 5 thorns pierced from black sea urchins. It’s not a big deal though. The prize does not outweigh the experience. Waves were really strong awhile ago. I was a little nervous.


The truth is, I am sad today. It could be that I’ve lost someone very special.

No comments: